Logo designed for Johnson County by Pamela R. Cresswell
Where the Sun First Rises in Tennessee Tennessee History Begins
"Train Forty Five" - October 18, 1927 by G.B. Grayson Henry Whitter. Listen for Laurel Bloomery, TN Warrensville, NC.
History, Communities and Towns
- Brief Johnson County History
- Goodspeeds History of Tennessee - Johnson Co.
- A New County Established, by Thomas Gentry (County Historian)
- The Exploring and Settling of Johnson County, by Thomas Gentry (County Historian)
- Shouns Crossroads, by Thomas Gentry (County Historian)
- Where the World Ended and Tennessee Began, by Thomas Gentry (County Historian)
- Post Offices of Johnson County, Tennessee
Watauga Lake, Newspaper Article from "The Knoxville Journal", December 12, 1893 - Takes a while to download.
- History of Watauga Lake, by Kay Adams
- More Johnson County History, by Kay Adams
- Goodspeeds History of Tennessee - Carter Co.
- Goodspeeds History of Tennessee - Sullivan Co.
- Goodspeeds History of Tennessee - Unicoi Co.
- Fish Springs, Carter County 1950 article
- Ria Vista and Central Community 1951 article
- The Beginning of Elizabethton 1937 article
- The Spanish Flu in Johnson County, TN
Return to Johnson County page
This page last updated
July 20, 2009