- Caswell Madron/Reece Adoption and Name Change
- State of Tenn & Rebecca Arnold vs. Isaac E. Wilson - July 1856
- State of Tenn & Eliza J. Crosswhite vs. I.E. Wilson - August 1856
- State of Tenn & Louisa Dugger vs. James J. George - April 1856
- State of Tenn & Nancy S. Price vs. David H. Vaught - Jan. 1869
- State of Tenn & Janette L. Dowell vs. Thomas Potter - Dec. 1869
- State of Tenn & Margarget Waugh vs. Isaac McQueen - Feb. 1870
- State of Tenn & Sarah F. Blevins vs. John Crosswhite - Feb. 1870
- State of Tenn & Nancy Robinson vs. James G. Wilson - April 1870
- State of Tenn & Voland Camby (Crunely?) vs. John Bailey - May 1870
- State of Tenn & Charlotte Dugger vs. John Reece - May 1870
- State of Tenn & Sarah Fritts vs. George S. Wilson - June 1870
- State of Tenn & Mary C. Stout vs. Joseph N. Shoun - Oct. 1870
- State of Tenn & Mary L. Gentry vs. H.S.C. Bradfute - Nov. 1870
- State of Tenn & Elizabeth Walker vs. Thomas Dyson - Mar. 1871
- State of Tenn & Martha E. Head vs. Patrick Bloom - Mar. 1871
- State of Tenn & Mary L. Stout vs. William E. Lowe - Aug. 1871
- State of Tenn & Malleissa J. Morefield vs. John Baily - Aug 1871
- State of Tenn & Nancy E. Brown vs. Joel T. Simcox - Sep. 1871
- State of Tenn & Chany Trivett vs. Solomon Younce - Mar. 1872
- State of Tenn & Lydia Mitchell vs. Thomas Dyson - Aprl 1872
- State of Tenn & F.C. Crosswhite vs. John L. Lowe - May 1872
- State of Tenn & Patey Vaught vs. Lace Wagner - May 1872
- Petition to Adopt - Robert E. Speer by Isaac A. Shoun - October 1872
- Petition to Adopt - Frances J. Gibson by Daniel Batten - Nov. 1872
- State of Tenn & Susan Gragg vs. George W. Wagner - Dec. 1872
- State of Tenn & Mary E. Wilson vs. John C. Nave - Jan. 1873
- State of Tenn & Angeline Davis vs. Henderson Roberts - Sept. 1873
Miscellaneous Records from the North Carolina State Archives, Raleigh, NC
The following are transcriptions of records and documents I found at the North Carolina State Archives in Raleigh. The Archives has many, many original documents not found anywhere else and many have not been microfilmed. Courthouses all over North Carolina send the old records to Raleigh for safekeeping and a special facility has been built to keep these records as safe as possible under climate controlled conditions and kept in acid free folders and boxes. The documents are available to research and copy. Many of these records have not been microfilmed.
I highly recommend either going to the Archives in person or writing to find out if there are records for those you're researching.
North Carolina Office of Archives and History
Ashe County, North Carolina
- E.C. Greer vs Lula Greer, md. Nov. 1888, div. Sept 4, 1894. Adultry.
- Bertie Greer vs Arthur Greer (perhaps went to Oregon), md. Feb. 1892 div. Fall term 1899-1900. Adultry. 1 child.
- Thomas Greer vs. Lillie Greer, md. Sep. 1899, div. Oct 1904. Adultry
- James Greer vs. Mollie Greer, md. 17 Dec. 1902, filed 4 March 1905. Adultry
- W.F. Greer vs. Alice Greer (living in KY), md. 27 Nov. 1897, filed 9 Sept. 1905. Adultry
- Julia Greer vs James Greer (living in W.VA), md. July 1896 div. 6 Jan 1908. Impotency
Loose Estate Papers
Watauga County, North Carolina
- Annie Greer vs. J. Steele Greer, md. 24 Mar 1910, divorced 1 July 1924, (possibily went to Memphis, TN). 4 children.
- Daniel Greer vs Minnie Greer (went to Montana), md. 6 Nov. 1911, div. Feb. 1920
- Laura Greer vs. F.M. Greer, md. 24 Oct 1896, action taken 6 Oct. 1913. 2 children, 16 yrs and 12 yrs. Names not given.
Return to Johnson County Main Page
© 2000 Mary Floy Katzman 2006 Basil McVey